When to See an Optometrist
If you’re considering visiting an optometrist, it’s essential to know when to see one.
In this blog post, we’re going to share three tips for when you should see an optometrist:
- If you experience any changes in your vision, you must see an optometrist as soon as possible.
- If you have pain in or around your eyes, it’s also essential to see an optometrist.
- If you want a comprehensive eye exam, you must see an optometrist.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to see an optometrist when it’s essential for your health and well-being.
When You Experience Changes in Your Vision
If you experience any of the following changes in your vision, you must see an optometrist as soon as possible.
- You experience changes in your vision that make it difficult to see at night or in low light.
- You begin experiencing headaches when reading or working on the computer.
- You sustain an injury to your eye or head and notice that your vision has changed in some way.
- You have a family history of vision problems – either you or one of your parents has had trouble seeing at night or in low light.
If you notice any of these changes, it’s essential to take them seriously and see an optometrist as soon as possible.
An optometrist can help diagnose and treat any underlying issues that may be causing your vision problems.
In many cases, simple adjustments to your eyewear or treatment for a minor injury can quickly correct the issue and return your vision to normal.
How do optometrists help with eye health?
Optometrists are eye doctors trained to diagnose and treat vision problems and eye diseases. They can help with a wide range of eye health issues, including:
- Prescribing eyeglasses or contact lenses to correct vision problems
- Diagnosing and treating eye diseases, such as glaucoma, cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration
- Detecting and managing conditions that can affect overall health, such as diabetes and high blood pressure, through eye exams
- Providing education and guidance on how to maintain healthy eyes and vision, including tips for proper eye hygiene and the importance of regular eye exams
If you are experiencing vision problems or have concerns about your eye health, you must see an optometrist for a comprehensive eye exam.
They can help determine the cause of any problems and provide the appropriate treatment to help maintain or improve your eye health.
When it comes to your eyesight, nothing is more important than having the right health professional check and monitor your eyesight or changes in your eyes health. Optometrists are experts in eye health and can help you identify and treat any problems that may be causing pain or vision problems.
A general medicine practitioner does not have the equipment to perform eye exams.
An optometrist is able to measure not only how well you can see, they will also be checking the pressure in your eyes, any verve damage or retina damage ( this requires specialist equipment that is not in a doctors surgery or hospital)
When You Want a Comprehensive Eye Exam
Every year, it’s essential for people of all ages to get an eye exam. Annual exams are necessary for people of all ages and should be done at least once a year. However, there are specific times during the year when an exam is critical.
For children, the first exam should be before they start school.
This will help ensure their eyes are healthy and free from potential problems. Adults should have their first eye exam every two years and an annual exam after that. Senior citizens should have an examination every year, even if they don’t show any signs of eye disease or aging.
If you or a family member has a history of eye disease or diabetes, getting more frequent exams is crucial. An annual checkup is still essential, but it’s also recommended that seniors have examinations every six months or once a year if no signs of disease are present.
Now that you know when to see an optometrist – and why – enjoy your yearly checkup!
To Wrap Up
If you experience any changes in your vision, pain in or around your eyes, or want a comprehensive eye exam, schedule an appointment with your eye doctor. Early detection and treatment of conditions are essential for maintaining good vision and preventing further complications.
To book in to have a comprehensive eye exam on the Central Coast NSW
Eyes By Design
Kincumber Centre, Shop 6/39 Avoca Dr, Kincumber NSW 2251
Phone: (02) 4369 8169